2013 cycle applicant figures - January deadline
This statistical release summarises applicants in the 2013 UCAS application cycle at the January deadline (15 January 2013), together with the totals at the January deadline in previous cycles.
- People who submit their applications to UCAS by the January deadline are considered 'on time' applicants for the large majority of courses offered through UCAS.
- In the 2010 to 2012 cycles, around 85% of the end of cycle total of UK applicants had applied by the January deadline. That proportion is higher (around 97%) for 18 year old UK applicants.
- In the 2010 to 2012 cycles around 83% of the end of cycle EU applicants, and around 60% of non-EU applicants, had applied by the January deadline.
- In cycles prior to 2010, some courses had different deadline arrangements. This means that that the proportion of total end of cycle applicants applying by the January deadline in those cycles was lower, typically 76% for UK applicants and 94% for 18 year old UK applicants.
- This statistical release includes applicants who have applied for any course, including those with a 15 October deadline. Figures relating exclusively to the 2013 cycle 15 October deadline were published in October 2012.
Download the 2013 cycle applicant figures - January deadline (PDF)
These additional tables provide January deadline summaries by sex, age, domicile, country of institution and subject choice in the same format as previous cycles.
- Total applicant numbers at this stage of the cycle are 3.5% higher than at the same point in 2012.
- The number of applicants from the UK has increased by 2.8% overall. Applicants have increased from three UK countries: England (+3.0%), Northern Ireland (+7.1%), Scotland (+2.0%) with a decrease for Wales (-2.1%).
- The number of UK 18 year old applicants (the largest single group) has increased by 0.8% compared to 2012, representing a rise of just over 2,000 people.
- Applicants from EU countries have increased (by 4.9%) and there has been an increase in applicants from outside the EU of 9.6%.
- Applications have increased to institutions in England (+3.5%), Wales (+7.3%), Northern Ireland (+6.9%) and Scotland (+7.1%).
Download the additional release reporting on applicant sex, age, domicile, country of institution and subject choice for the 2013 cycle January deadline (PDF)
Back to 2013